AluK is committed to ensuring that we can continue to provide high levels of service throughout the ongoing Coronavirus outbreak. Our supply is unaffected so, as far as possible, stocks are healthy and we are working closely with our suppliers to ensure our cross-border supply chains remain open. Our aim is to support business as usual, whilst following all guidance from the Government as it is issued and updated.
Our priority, of course, is the safety and wellbeing of our staff, customers and all other stakeholders. As well as strengthening the cleaning and hygiene regime across our facilities, we are implementing a series of measures to help combat the spread of infection.
- Deliveries will continue as normal, but drivers will be reducing direct contact as much as possible.
- Customer visits by our sales teams will be carried out by telephone/video conferencing, with essential meetings only going ahead if both parties are in agreement.
- Our Technical Engineers will continue with essential site visits, but we would be grateful if customers could support us by providing appropriate handwashing facilities.
- We are no longer hosting customer/third party/supplier visits at our London or Chepstow sites.
- All scheduled Academy training dates are cancelled until further notice. We will be contacting customers to reschedule once the Academy is reopened.
- We would ask all essential contractors to contact us directly so that we can manage their visit in line with government recommended hygiene protocols.
Like all businesses, we are monitoring the situation constantly and will keep customers and suppliers updated as soon as anything changes.
Thank you to everyone for your patience and support in helping us keep one another safe in these challenging times.